Al-IMAM JAFAR AL-SADIQ |
Sultan the Mustafa's sect , the evidence of the prophetic proof . the worker and the righteous in the Mohammedan's nation , the scholar of verification and the prophet Muhammad's inheritor . the divinely knowledgeable and passionate lover the master of Sufis .
Jafar Bin Muhammad Bin Ali Zien Al-Abideen Bin Al-Hussein Bin Al-Imam Ali Bin Abi Talib ( peace be upon them ) .
Al-Sadiq (i.e. : truthful)
He was born in the prophetic house in 8 of Ramadan in 80 H in Al-Medina(1) and in another narration he was born in 83 H .
He had seven sons and three daughters ( Ismael , Abdullah , Um Farwah their mother was Fatima Bint Al-Hussein Ibin Ali Bin Al-Hassan Bin Ali Bin Abi Talib ) and ( Al-Imam Musa , Muhammad Al-Debaj , Ishaq Fatima Al-Kubra and their mother Hamidah Barbarian ) . ( Al-Abbas , Ali Al-Ouradhi And Fatima Al-Sughra from multi mothers ).
His Tarriqa (2)
He took from His father Al-Baqir who took from Al-Imam Zien Al-Abideen who took from Al-imam Al-Hussein from Ali bin Abi Talib who was the gate of the town of the knowledge who took from The prophet (P) .
When Al-Imam Al-Sadiq was in Al-Medina he established a school which was known by Hadith school and when he moved to Iraq where he settled for some time he established the opinion school (3) with the two Imams Malik (4) and Abu Hanifah (5) .
Beside of establishing his spiritual school, which was teaching the ascetic , piety , Allah-fearingness and the principle of worship , to be comprehensive constitution for reformation and developing the life in all sides .
The Men who were to be contemporary of him
Habeeb Al-Ajmi , David Al-T'aee , Abu Hanifah , Ibrahim Ibin Al-Adham , Sufean Al-Thawri and Jabir bin Hayan and others.
He was feeding the others until his sons might find no food and he was magnanimous , forgiving , patient and sincerely .
He was patient and brave because of his increasing faith which was holding to the cable of Allah (6) and Allah He made him flee from the fancy and passion and he was searching for the right and truth to guide the people to the exalted aim the path to Allah .
Sufean Al-Thawri said : I came in Jafar Al-Sadiq and he was wearing jubbah made of silk then I looked at him so I became surprised .
I said :" Ya the Sun of the messenger of Allah that is not your dress and dress of your fathers" .
He said : "Ya Thawri that time was poor and my fathers were doing according to their time but in this time everything is available (I.e. richness) an then he uncover the tail of his Jubbah I saw under this Jubbah another Jubbah made of white wool and he said : "Ya Thawri this dress ( means Jubbah of wool ) for Allah ,and that jubbah (made of silk ) for you and what was for Allah we disappeared but what was for you we appeared " .
His Karamt ( supernatural ability )
He was know by many Karamats and he was acceptable the prayer (means here asking something from Allah ) until it was said "If he wants something says :" O Allah I need for this thing " you will see this thing beside him . "
Al-Sharani said about his Karamt
Oppressive man killed one of his followers when he heard he was still praying all the night and he invoked at the early dawn , suddenly the news of killer's death was heard .
when he heard , the poetry of Al-Hakim Bin al-Abbas Al-Kalbi (derived from dog in Arabic (kalb) ) about his uncle Zayd :
- we crucified Zayd on the trunk of the palm-tree
- But we did not see Mahday (7) on the trunk was crucifying .
He said ( O Allah give a dog the power over him ) , then the lion killed him .
* Al-Imam Al-Shabli said : Bani Hashim (the prophet's tribe) met to give the pledge to Muhammad or Ibrahim bin Abdullah to become Caliph at the end of the reign of Bni Marwan state ,they sent for Jafar to attend and when he came he refused and said :"The Caliphate is not to me and not to them it is to one who is wearing the yellow robe and I swear of Allah he will play in it and his sons" , and in that day Al-Mansour (8) attended and he was wearing yellow jubbah .
* Al-Laith bin Saad said : I went to the Holy land as pilgrim (113 H) and when
I prayed the noon I saw sitting man and he was praying : " O Allah : I want to eat grape , O Allah my two robe were old " and when he finished I saw a basket is full of grape and there was no grape in the earth in that time and also there were two robe beside him I did not see like them before , and when he wanted to eat I said " I am your partner because when you was praying I was saying (Amen) " , he said " So , come and eat ". So I ate grape I did not eat like them before so we ate but the basket did not change ( i.e the basket was still full) then he said : " Do not save and hide anything then he took one of robe and gave me the another .
I said : " I do not need it " so he wore them and take the two robes which he had wore them before but a man met him and said to him " Ya son of the prophet's daughter please clothe me with what Allah clothed you then he gave him the two robes " .
Suddenly I rushed to this man and asked him : "who is this man ?"
He said : " He is Jafar bin Muhammad "
At-Tafser Al-Sufi Lil Quran Al-Karem (The Sufism expression of Holy Qura'n) . Al-Hekam Al-Jafaria (Al-Jafaria Wisdoms) , Majmouat Rasalihi illa Ashabih Wa Ashab Ar-Eai . spreading of pearl (Nashr Ad-Durar) . The collection of his messages to his friend and to the followers of the opinion school) , Majmouat Wasayah ( The collection of his advice ) , Ihtejajatihi Ala Al-Zanadiqa Wa Al-Mulhedeen ( His protest against the atheists and unbelievers )(I,e giving the proofs which refute atheists' opinions) . Misbah Al-Shariah Wa Miftah Al-Hakikah (The light of Sharia and key of the truth ) .Rasalehi Al-lte Katabahi Telmethahu Wa Mureedahu Jabir Bbin Hayan ( His messages which his follower and student Jabir bin Hayan had written and it consists of 500 massages in 1000 papers ).
Al-Imam Al-Sadiq died in (148 H) in Al-Madinah and he was buried in Al-Baqeea (9) with his father and grandfather .
(1) Town of the prophet where he migrated to .
(2)Hadith means = speech of the prophet , Al-Hadith school depends on Hadith to conclusion the jurisprudential decisions .
(3) Sufism order .
(4) The opinion school ( it is appositive of the first school because it depend on jurisprudence of the scholar . not depend on the Hadith ).
(5) Al-Imam who established Al-Maliky school (doctrine).
(6) Al-Imam who established Al-Hanafy school (doctrine).
(6) Holy Quran look at : Holy Qura'n , Al-Imran Surat , verse (103).
(7) One of the prophet's progeny will make the world full of justice after it was full of injustice as the prophet's said. sothis poet want to mock at Zayd who revolted against Umiah Caliphate but he was killed in a war .
(8) The second Abbasian Caliph.
(9) A place in Al-Medina where some of the prophet's mberships family and companions were buried in .